Friday, December 7, 2007

MileSource Closing Down for Good

Milesource is a reward program which I joined in 2004 and left in late 2005. I collected miles from site visits, trivias, referrals and online pruchases to redeem for gift certificates. I successfully redeemed 2 $50 Amazon gift certificates from them while I was a member of Milesource. I left because I think that the mile collection process was rather slow and I had to login everyday to earn my points from the site visits and daily trivias. Now it's closing down for good as per the notification emailed I received. Their announcement can also be found on their homepage. Here's what they wrote:

November 29, 2007:

After many years in business, it is unfortunately time for our company to move on. We will be shutting down MileSource effective December 31, 2007. Members may continue to earn AwardMilesTM on Milesource through December 31, 2007. In addition we are allowing members to redeem their AwardMilesTM until November 30, 2008.

The Milesource User Agreement states that "unredeemed AwardMilesTM will expire on December 31st of the second calendar year following the calendar year such points are earned." Effective December 31, 2007, any AwardMilesTM earned prior to January 1, 2006 will expire and be removed from your account.

We would like to thank you for your involvement with the MileSource program. If you wish to join another rewards site we suggest you visit InboxDollars, which boasts a membership of over 2.5 million members. We hope it will provide you with as much satisfaction and enjoyment as we have over the years.


Sincerely,
The Milesource Team



I thought it's worth a mention since they were really efficient during my redemption process and just to let anyone who is currently a Milesource member know about this. I bet you already did. RIP, Milesource.

No comments: