Sunday, March 30, 2008

Blingo Powered By Yahoo!, Windows Live and Ask

I was shocked to find this today as I conducted my routine Blingo search. The search results were in disarray and not in the layout which I was accustomed to. I would say it really is in a mess, with results from each search engine scattered around with no preset coordination whatsoever. My eyes scrolled through the search results page and I didn't like the layout at all. Strangely, Blingo never notified me of this change. This might affect a lot of current Blingo users as the main reason Blingo is widely accepted is that it WAS powered by Google. Now that Blingo silently replaced it with Yahoo!, Windows Live and Ask, maybe some users will stick with the prize winning potential and others will move back to the main portal. It's your choice afterall.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am very disappointed in this change. There is a reason I didn't use search engines like Yahoo!, Windows Live, and Ask.com and one of the main reasons I even used Blingo was that I could search Google and potentially win.

Now I really have to ask myself if it's really worth it for a $5 amazon gift card every 4 months?

Anonymous said...

i'm going to start using

www.swagbucks.com

i think its the only google search and win now that blingo stinks

pro D said...

Yes, definitely a disappointing move by Blingo. Lucky for me I won something almost every month. So let's hope someone can pick up where Blingo left.